Home Depot co-founder says concerns about Trump’s tariffs were unfounded, now supports the president

image

Home Depot co-founder Ken Langone said Tuesday that his concerns about President Donald Trump’s tariff policy were unfounded, and he supports the president.

“I think, damn it, give Trump credit, his instincts are good,” Langone said in a statement, according to The Daily Caller. “Some of these things need to be fixed. Take Germany, take Japan. God bless America, 80 years ago, when the war was over, we made our mind up, we’re not going to be the conquering hero. We’re going to go in and help these countries rebuild themselves. And we did. To our credit, we did.”

At first, Langone was skeptical about tariffs, but said he is “sold” on the current president. 

Earlier this year, Trump imposed reciprocal tariffs on multiple countries, but then issued a 90-day pause in order to make trade deals with countries. 

“I think it’ll settle in,” Langone said during an appearance on the Squawk Box. “I think … that what he did … in the Middle East with these deals. He’s making $3 trillion. These are real numbers.”

Langone backed former South Carolina GOP Gov. Nikki Haley in the 2024 Republican presidential primary. 

Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.