Hamas rejects Israel’s plan to relocate residents from Gaza

image

Palestinian-led Hamas in its war with Israel in Gaza on Sunday rejected a proposal by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to relocate residents from Gaza City, calling it a “new wave of genocide and displacement.”

Earlier this month, Netanyahu said Israel intends to fully take it Gaza, which Gaza has ruled, but doesn’t want to “keep or govern” the region.

The Israeli Defense Forces said it has plans to relocate residents from combat zones “to ensure their safety,” according to Reuters. 

The IDF said tents and other equipment would be provided to residents for the relocation. 

Hamas said that the tents and other equipment were part of a plan to “cover up a brutal crime that the occupation forces prepare to execute.”

Massive protests have erupted in Israel ahead of the IDF’s plan to occupy Gaza, according to The Washington Post. 

Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.